Advantage March 2012
October 2012 Newsletter
From The Top
By Rob Basso
President, Advantage Payroll Services
It can all be overwhelming between the emails, the phone calls, and just the general business of running your company. That’s why once a quarter we like to recap some of our most popular new products that you may have missed. Due to the feedback we’ve recently received from our clients, these products are slightly different from some of our standard offerings. THN and The Advantage Mall both service a need that exists in the daily lives of your employees and helps to make your employee benefits package more valuable, thereby increasing employee retention in a time when surveys show that employees are waiting for the economy to pick up steam so they can being to search for new employment. The best part? Both services are free to the employer, and The Advantage Mall will save your employees on all their online shopping, with no cost to them.
Make sure to read the short Q&A below for more information on these great products and don’t forget to check your payroll package in the next few weeks for more information on these services. As always, your Customer Service Representatives are ready and waiting to take your calls with questions. Happy spring!
If you have an interesting topic or would like to offer your expertise to fellow business professionals, consider participating in our newsletter. Please contact us with your ideas and suggestions today at email@example.com, or call Christine Cesarino at (516) 931-8400 ext 17.
Q & A With Christina Federici, Advantage Marketing Coordinator
1. What is THN?
THN is not insurance. THN is a discount program that helps promote affordable access to medical care. THN delivers real savings on Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision & Specialty Services. Plus you get access to a 24-hour Nurse Hotline and Hospital Advocate. Find out more about each benefit below.
Transparent Health has a growing network of primary care doctors, doctors in over 70 specialties, radiology (X-ray, MRI) and labs too. Simply FIND A PROVIDER in your area online, make an appointment and get care at deeply discounted prices. With our revolutionary price transparency, you can see costs before your visit. You pay the doctor directly at time of service, without claims, referrals, or visit limits, just traditional health care between you and your doctor. See Real Savings online – all the time with THN’s Revolutionary Cost Transparency.
Transparent Health members can access local dentists and pay fees that average 15-50% below usual charges. Simply FIND A DENTIST in your area online, make an appointment, and get the care you need at deeply discounted prices. With our revolutionary price transparency, you can call and get costs before your visit. You pay the dentist directly at time of service. With THN, you know your costs before you go!
Save on generic and brand name prescriptions at over 50,000 participating pharmacies nationwide. See PHARMACY INFORMATION and learn more.
- $6.99/30-day supply and $12.99/90-day supply of over 500 generics at participating Rite Aid pharmacies
- Deep discounts on other generic & brand name prescriptions at Rite Aid plus 50,000 participating pharmacies nationwide
- Get 20% off Rite Aid brand products every day**
Save 10-50%* on most prescription glasses, frames, and lenses through a national network of over 12,000 independent and chain optical centers. Find providers and check out the savings. *Cost & Savings vary by provider and geographic area.
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline — Experienced registered nurses are available 24-hours a day to answer questions about your health, provide immediate health information and direct you to get the right care.
- Hospital Advocate — If you find yourself hospitalized, our experienced staff can help you navigate the hospital’s financial policies to realize the best rates available to you at that facility.
- Health Information Library — Our health library has over 1,000 pre-recorded health care topic summaries in both English and Spanish.
2. Who is THN and how can my company join?
- Anyone can join THN. There are no restrictions of age, health or employment status. THN has a simple enrollment for you and everyone at home — just name, address, gender and date of birth. No social security number is required.
- Through Advantage Payroll’s special offer with payroll deduction, THN’s Membership fee is only $29/month for you and everyone living with you. Whether household members are family, a roommate, or a BFF, all can join: everyone living at your address can be included on your membership.
- You can use THN along with other insurance plans.THN is not insurance, so using THN along with any insurance is an ideal way to help reduce yours costs for items not covered by your plan. For example, THN has no visit limits or referrals. If your doctor says you need to see a specialist or get a lab/radiology test, you can find that in THN’s network, see reduced fees up front, and make an appointment — you and your doctor control your care.
3. What is The Advantage Mall?
Advantage Payroll Services is excited to bring you shopping, with benefits for you and your employees. At Advantage, we are not just committed to processing your payroll and providing tools to run your business but helping you streamline your personal life. We are proud to announce a new online shopping experience that delivers cash back rewards and other great incentives. These new benefits cost you nothing, but pay you tax-free income for shopping.
4. How does it work?
Visit advantagepayroll.retailbene_ts.com and register for FREE. Once registered you’re ready to earn cash back on purchases, choosing from more than 300,000,000 products from more than 5,000 leading merchants. Offer “The Advantage Mall” to your staff and help build employee loyalty and show your appreciation by adding this service as part of their existing benefits package at no cost to them or you.
5. How do I know if my purchase qualifies for cash back and how do I receive my cash back rewards?
Every item on the site that clearly displays a cash back symbol is eligible. It will even tell you what percentage of cash back you will get. Make sure you store and file your order confirmation that is sent to you with each purchase. It’s the same exact concept as holding onto your receipt from a physical retailer. Every time you sign in and visit “My Account,” you are presented with your current cash back balances. We even show you the pending, available, in process, and rewarded cash back amounts. We’ll automatically send you your cash back (provided you meet your chosen minimum) around the fifth day of each month. Be sure to choose your method of reimbursement (check, direct deposit or PayPal) on your account page.