Advantage November 2013
November 2013 Newsletter
From The Top
By Rob Basso
President, Advantage Payroll Services
Are you a small business without the resources to hire an HR person? Or, are you a small business that has an HR person overwhelmed with new laws, changes and regulations? Small businesses have seen a 2,000% increase in employment litigation since 1995. We understand today’s complicated business climate has wrought changes that may be bogging your business down, and Advantage Payroll can help.
Advantage offers two different levels of HR help. HR OnDemand, our comprehensive HR solution help center, is easy to use and accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It includes access to thousands of forms from hire to fire or retire, a sample employee handbook that can be customized for your company needs, an e-alert system to keep you abreast of new state and federal laws, and much more.
BambooHR software is designed to make tracking your employees’ data and fulfilling HR requirements more efficient. BambooHR provides you with instant access to employee files, benefit info, hiring checklists, auto alerts, PTO balances, custom reports and more.
Think that these tools are out of your price reach? Think again. These tools are not only easy to use and keep you compliant, but are priced with the small business owner in mind. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions below and reach out to your customer service representative for more information at 800-440-9033 x40.
Q & A Portion
1. What is HR OnDemand?
HR OnDemand is a comprehensive online HR resource that can be accessed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Whether you are struggling to handle HR yourself, or are interested in your HR manager taking advantage of this product, HR OnDemand is a great way to streamline your HR needs. By offering the HR OnDemand product, Advantage is able to offer its small business customers full HR services at less than a fraction of the cost of an in-house Human Resources manager.
2. What type of resources does HR OnDemand provide?
HR OnDemand offers access to a policy library, hundreds of customizable job descriptions, thousands of HR forms, a comprehensive sample letters database, benefits guides, a state and federal law database and much more. You can also type in your question using the search feature and scroll through possible answers and suggestions.
3. What if I have a question that I can’t find an answer to?
As an added benefit for difficult questions, unique situations, special requests and more, this service also includes online and phone support from a certified HR representative.
4. I haven’t updated my handbook in a while- can the service assist?
Absolutely! The service can work on reviewing your existing handbook to make any necessary updates or changes based on your business environment, or can work with you to create a handbook from scratch. They will start with a 60 minute phone consultation to get a better understanding of your needs and then build from there.
5. What is BambooHR?
BambooHR is your online, personalized HR management system that gives you easy access to your employee records and relieves paperwork headaches for businesses worldwide. In today’s changing environment businesses are required to track and report more and more data by employee for compliance and management related functions. BambooHR software is designed to make fulfilling these requirements more efficient. BambooHR gives you instant access to employee files, benefit info, auto alerts, PTO balances, custom reports and more!
6. What are some of BambooHR’s key features?
- Centralize your employee data: BambooHR centralizes your employee data so you can control, sort, and analyze it from anywhere. You have instant access to detailed employee records, documents, benefit info, hiring checklists, and more.
- Streamline your reports: BambooHR reports are easy to read and allow you to make well-informed, more strategic decisions. Plus, use simple drag-and-drop and filtering functions to customize reports in a snap.
- Access your data anywhere: Free yourself from the limitations of file cabinets and office servers. With BambooHR, your information is accessible online, anytime. You can work at the office, on the road, or at home.
- Save time and money: BambooHR is remarkably affordable- plus it magically eliminates hours of busywork, so you can concentrate on what you do best: finding, hiring, and retaining the best talent for your company.
7. How quickly can I start?
The implementation process depends on a few things;
- The number of clients ahead of you in the queue.
- How quickly you give BambooHR your data and what it looks like.
- Your availability for phone calls to answer questions.
- If your homework is done on time. 🙂
Most implementations are complete within a few short weeks.