The IRS has released new draft ACA forms for the 2016 reporting period. Final forms for the 2016 reporting period will be published later this year after a public comment period.
- https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/f1094c–dft.pdf – link for 1094-C
- https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/f1095c–dft.pdf – link for 1095-C
- Major changes include the following:
- A line was added to the 1095-C instructing recipients to keep the form for their records and not to attach it to their tax return.
- There are two new offer of coverage codes for when health insurance is “conditionally offered to the employee’s spouse.”
- The new field for plan start month will remain optional for 2016.
- Part III of Form 1095-C is used by self-insured plans to report on dependent coverage but now guidance is clarifying that the actual employee’s coverage should be listed in this section too.