This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
The position requires some filing which may involve lifting files, opening file cabinets, and bending or standing as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Must have the ability to drive and travel as needed.
- College Degree with a minimum of 1 year experience in Human Resources.
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word programs especially Microsoft Excel.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Knowledge of computer software (Windows XP or later) and computer hardware.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Knowledge of office administration procedures.
- Ability to operate most standard office equipment.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and written communication skills.
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- An HR certification a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice before the change occurs.
Advantage Payroll Services offers a wide scope of advanced payroll processing technology, including continually enhanced proprietary software, web based payroll services management and a centralized data network. Our clients know they can rely on us for precision payroll services and accurate, timely tax filing, week after week, year after year. Our strong commitment to our clients’ success includes customized human resources solutions, Affordable Care Act consulting services, time and attendance management, Pay-As-You-Go Workers’ Compensation and much more.
Advantage Payroll Services also offers access to many other business services, such as credit card processing, small business financing, and employee background screening, to name a few.
With over 35 years of payroll services experience, we’ve continued to tailor our expertise, customer service and flexible products to the unique needs of small to mid-sized businesses. As a local, independently owned business, we understand the day-to-day challenges our clients face and we are dedicated to ensuring that the payroll process is headache free.
Working for Advantage
Advantage provides a great office environment for you to thrive as a professional. As a team member at Advantage, you’re more than just an employee, you’re family. Every employee in every department is a valued asset to the success and growth of the company so we find it vital that we invest in the development and morale of our staff. From giving every employee the opportunity to become a Certified Payroll Professional to participating in Habitat for Humanity builds, to our staff appreciation events, we strive to enhance your overall experience here at Advantage. In 2015, Advantage was a winner of SmartCEO’s Corporate Culture award and we are very proud to acknowledge that it is our dedicated staff that makes our company great.
Other benefits include:
- Paid time off
- Mileage Reimbursement
- 401(k) & Employer Match
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance