As you may have already heard, after more than 10 weeks of study and deliberation, the Fast Food Wage Board has recommended phased increases in the minimum wage for fast food workers in New York State. The planned increases are as follows:
- For New York City, the minimum wage should be increased to
- $10.50 on December 31, 2015,
- $12.00 on December 31, 2016,
- $13.50 on December 31, 2017, and
- $15.00 on December 31, 2018
- For the rest of the state, the minimum wage should be increased to
- $9.75 on December 31, 2015,
- $10.75 on December 31, 2016,
- $11.75 on December 31, 2017,
- $12.75 on December 31, 2018,
- $13.75 on December 31, 2019,
- $14.50 on December 31, 2020, and
- $15.00 on July 1, 2021
Please note that Advantage will not automatically increase employees’ rates of pay when these or any other minimum wage increases take effect.
If you use our web-based processing platform, you will have to update your employees’ rates when the increase goes into effect. Otherwise, please make sure to notify your CSR of rate increases when the time comes so our system can be updated appropriately.